Who we are
KMC School is the junior wing of Kathmandu Model College (KMC), one of the most renowned colleges of Nepal. It is located at Buddhanagar, 500 meters South from Nayabaneshwor Chowk.It lies at a peaceful location away from the population overlooking open spaces and greeneries around it, which helps the children to broaden the mental horizon in open and fresh surroundings.
KMC School is committed to academic excellence. The school is dedicated to maintain the academic environment with the help of outstanding faculty engaged in the task of creative sensibility, or sense of responsibility and moral integrity.
We believe that children today are responsible for citizens of tomorrow. However, the nourishment of these buds cannot blossom unless and until they get excellent academic environment which will enable them become acquainted with the nation and their society and family. KMC is committed to create homely but disciplined environment so that children may become aware of their own future.
KMC has a qualified team of instructors, who are continuously supervised and guided by a group of academicians, social workers as well as people involved in different disciplines of society. We have innovative practice in teaching and learning which can help students prove themselves outstanding in every corner of the world.
Acdemic Excellence Through Quality Education
"We embrace new changes and believe in the power of innovative practices"
Quality education is the principal means of an individual's growth and social development of a nation.
- To provide children with the education of international standard by developing their full potential in every sector.
- To encourage them to learn skills so as to cope with everyday problems.
- To provide them with full-fledged and balanced curriculum that fulfills the requirement of national as well as international curricula.
- To instil respect in the minds of the children towards the national language, cultures and religions.
- To promote good conduct and discipline.
- To provide opportunities to the students regardless of caste, class, sex, religion, ethnicity.
- To develop mutual understanding among parents, students and teachers.
- To develop children as major role players in science, technology, art and literature.
- To develop the school as one of the major role models for social transformation.
- For KMC, every child is special and has unique ability. Our approach is to respect the diversity and reach to each child for nurturing his/her to grow.
- The school is the place to ensure the child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
- School should become data driven adopting best practices; hence we have to consider KMC as the learning institution. It always goes for innovative ways to enhance capacity and skills of students and connect their learning to real life context.
- Teaching-learning at KMC is student-centered, focusing on hands-on activities for learning through experiences and guide them to construct their won understanding. The instructional activities also engage students up to critical and creative thinking.
- School is a place that provides foundation for “lifelong learning’, which is possible only if both, teachers and students work together in respectful, noble, and caring atmosphere. Students need to have freedom to express their feelings and share their creativities.
- Parent’s support and collaboration is important for creating positive learning environment for children.